PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork

15yroldflyfisher
03-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm planning on heading to the Caney Fork to fly fish sometime this month or next and was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what to use??

doghaircaddis
03-04-2008, 10:47 PM
small pheasant tails, zebra midges, scuds and soft hackles work well. id start off with a zebra or PT.

Grumpy
03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
small pheasant tails, zebra midges, scuds and soft hackles work well. id start off with a zebra or PT.

2nd that:biggrin:

Grumpy

Gerry Romer
03-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Went Sunday and got skunked on everything but a size 20 zebra midge. As I was getting ready to leave I got to talking to a guy who had drifted past me earlier in the day. He asked how I had done and I told him I'd gotten skunked. He recommended next time using a size 20 or 24 red and black midge with a silver tungsten bead. I'm tying some up for my next trip!

Gerry

monktrout
03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
15, Romer is on to something about a little red on your fly. Many midges show some blood. I tie a brassie soft hackle with a red head, or a bit of red worked into a small pt. I've not had too much luck with an all red fly. A little red is a trigger for trout, too much is well, too much. I've had some decent days with a black leech pattern with a black metal bead. Let us know how you did on the Caney.