PDA

View Full Version : East TN FFF Meeting Tuesday the 11th

smokyfisher
03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Next Meeting – March 11, 2008 at Walker Academy – At the next meeting we are honored to have Dr. Bill Boyd Jr. and Wendy Williams as guest speakers. They are speaking and presenting a slide show of their fishing trips to Canada last year.
For those of you who do not know Bill and Wendy, they are two thirds of “The Dubbing Teasers” Fly Tying Team. The Dubbing Teasers do fly tying demonstrations all over Georgia and Tennessee, as well as at the FFF Conclave at Callaway Gardens, in Georgia.
Bill and Wendy are friends who are passionate about fly fishing and fly tying. They like to have fun and love to laugh.
The Dubbing Teasers have made a series of “How to” fly tying DVD's.
Please come and join us. We know that you will find Bill and Wendy very entertaining.

All are welcome, so come and have a good time.
Walker Academy is at 1110 Lovell Rd. Knoxville, TN

Dave

ttas67
03-09-2008, 04:05 PM
what time dave?

tennswede
03-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Trevor!

7 PM and welcome, we would love to have you as a member. Anyhow, are you ready for some Elkmont sulphur fishing in a month or so? Can't wait myself.

Troutman
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Dave or Hans, Are we bringing flies for the door prize? Look forward to seeing Bill and Wendy again, they always give a good presentation.

tennswede
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
I haven't heard anything official about it but why not? Although I don't know for sure if I want mine identified. LOL.

ttas67
03-10-2008, 12:02 PM
hans, I signed up a couple weeks ago. however, I have to work on tuesday nights, so I don't know when I'm going to make it to the meetings. I'll still try and get involved in some of the weekend activities. And yes, I'm ready for some dry fly action!

PeteCz
03-10-2008, 12:42 PM
How many flies should we bring? Are you going to put them all together, or should we put them in a small marked container...I'd rather add mine anonymously...for quality reasons...
:rolleyes:

smokyfisher
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
There is no need to bring any flies to this meeting. We have some other things for the door prize, I don't want to say anything, but I think it will be cool.

Trevor wish you could make it. I think this will be a good one. Hope to see you soon.
Dave

tennswede
03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Thank God I don't have to show my miserable attempts to produce something that remotely look like a fly. My cats hairballs actually look better.

tennswede
03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Trevor!

I understand with conflicting schedules. Try to join us on March 29th for our Hiwassee outing.