PDA

View Full Version : Thingamabobbers

David Knapp
03-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey Byron, so far those thingamabobbers are great! I am really surprised at how well they cast although they probably cut through the wind well because of how smooth they are on the exterior. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a little more testing in the next few days and definitely will this next weekend... I was hoping they would do well to float some weight in rough and/or deeper water and so far it's been great. Not the indicator to land 3 feet upstream of a 24" brown feeding in 6 inches of water but they work well for a lot of applications. They even land softer than I thought they would...

Anyone else try these out yet? Any thoughts?

Grumpy
03-10-2008, 11:26 PM
ugh, if you'd send me one, i'd be glad to evaluate it;)

Grumpy

David Knapp
03-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey Grumpy, if you provide a boat, I'll provide a thingamabobber...:rolleyes: :biggrin: Hehehe, seriously, I think these will be great for fishing on the Caney when you're fishing the deeper runs or long drifts. If they would just turn the water off I would go try them out up there...:frown: Speakin' of, how long do you think it will take for them to start giving some fishable windows again?

Grumpy
03-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't think we'll see a break anytime soon, forecast showed them cutting back to one by the end of the week, more rain in the forecast as well:mad:
I'm getting tired of farm work:frown:

Grumpy