PDA

View Full Version : Fishin the Clinch Friday!!!

Flyfishjeep
03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
I am finally getting a chance to fish on the Clinch on Friday about mid-day. I am looking at starting behind the church.
What kind of flies should I be tying before I go?

Does anyone want to join me on the river?
I may even have a few extra flies tied if someone wants to let me tag along.
"Wink wink".

If anyone is interested you can send me an email to
flyfishjeep@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Ben

JimmyC
03-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I would love to go with you. Only one problem, I couldn't be there until 3pm. Yikes! Good luck, hope you can find someone to go with ya. Take some pictures, too.

James

Ryano
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I was on the clinch this morning for about 4 hours. I fished right below the weir dam.. Had good luck on a red copper john. Caught 4 on it and landed 2 on a BWO.. Good luck on Friday!

mikebone
03-12-2008, 10:23 PM
We fished the Clinch below Peach Orchard access today. It fished pretty good. We caught quite a few fish on size 18 pheasent tails fished about four feet deep below an indicator. Picked up several in the 12 to 14 inch range and hooked one that decided not to hang around to get his picture taken. Hope you have a good day Friday and the rain holds off for you. I've talked to a few people who have seen some Sulphurs coming off at the jail. It would be early, but you might want to have a few size 16 sulphur comparaduns. Good luck.

Flyfishjeep
03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the advice on flies. I will tie a few up tonight. If things go well, I will post some pictures for you guys. Hopefully I can get in the game of "Fish every month" contest in the other thread.

Flyfishjeep
03-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, of course the one day in many months that I get to go fishing it RAINS.
I knew that it was going to rain, but I thought I would be able to get in between the two storms. But just my luck the first line of storms starts while I'm driving to the river.
Oh, well... I will get out again soon.
Thanks again for the advice.

UofMontanaAlum
03-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Get yourself a rain jacket. Fish are still hungry in the rain.

Flyfishjeep
03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I know that they are hungry when it rains. I caught my biggest trout in Colorado in the middle of a down pour. Everyone could see my smile through the rain a mile away.
If I wan't working and having to make it too another appointment in a couple hours I would have stayed and fished. Plus I can't find my rain jacket.
No sympathy from anyone, I feel it.

psnapp
03-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Filled up truck last Monday at over $60. With oil around $110 a barrel, I'm gonna be fishin' close to home this year. Keep those Grinch reports coming!