PDA

View Full Version : Rod Repair

Flyfishjeep
03-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I was wondering if anyone was able to fix a rod that I broke a few years ago?
The break is straight across with no jagged edges or splinters. It is a 6wt from G-loomis? Now I can't remember what brand it is.
The break made this 2 piece into a 3 piece rod.

If you are able to help or need to see some pictures of the break let me know and I will try to post them or email them too you.
Thanks in advance.
Ben

jeffnles1
03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Ben,
You may want to contact the folks who made the rod. Most of the, will repair the rod for you at the factory. Even if it's not under warranty and you're not the original owner, they will still fix it for a nominal fee.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

MBWCC
03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
If it is indeed a G.Loomis rod you might wish to check the warranty options. For ~$50 G.Loomis will replace a warranty rod with a brand new rod, including shipping costs for the new rod and return shipping costs for the damaged rod. When you compare other options you will probably find that shipping will be ~$20-30 dollars; it is hard to beat a band new rod for an additional $20. For $65 G.Loomis will exchange for new and ship via 2nd day air.

An alternative would be to have a rod builder do the repairs. The repair will likely be done with a sleeve/splice at the break point. Any rod builder should be able to help you. If you don't know a custom builder I can recommend Ken of White Clay Outfitters (302-369-9730). I'm sure Ken can give you an estimate via phone.