PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Lurker Finally Makes Good

Bachforelle
03-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Good Morning All,

I have been a Lurker for over a year now. I currently live in Madison, AL (outside Huntsville). I sort of fell back into trout fishing last year when my son and I attended the two day school at LRO. ( Clifford says Hi) I lived in Oak Ridge for 7 years around the turn of the centry...I was the Treasurer/Secretary for the Clinch River TU Chapter for many years. Hi to Buzz, John, and the gang!

I will be in Townsend with my son and my Dad this weekend...Dad is attending class at LRO and we are going out on Monday with Hugh. Three generations of trout fishing; pretty cool.

As for the name: Bachforelle is German for Brook Trout.

Hi to all again and glad to have ended my Lurking.

David Mahlik Jr.

Paula Begley
03-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi David! Welcome to the board!

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Clifford again and to meeting your Dad.

Paula

Byron Begley
03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi David,

Welcome back. John and Buzz are doing great. The Clinch River Chapter is doing well also as usual. You live in a town full of fly fishers. I know several from Madison. Glad you ended your lurk and joined in. I hope to see you this weekend.

Byron

David Knapp
03-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the board!

monktrout
03-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Bach, As a former resident of Madison County, AL and a former member of Clinch River TU welcome to the Board. Great TU Chapter. I've been gone since '96. Suppose you're fishing the Elk or Duck. I'm near Chattanooga and get on those two rivers when I can. I talked to Buzz a couple of months ago. He is well. My email is forhscc@yahoo.com. Tight loops, Monktrout

Bachforelle
03-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Paula, Byron, Plateau, and monktrout...Thanks for kind words. I am at T minus 15 hours and counting until we depart for Townsend.

Later,
Bach :smile:

Flyfishjeep
03-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Bach, welcome to the board. I hope your time in Townsend goes well.