PDA

View Full Version : Elk River.

bcunnin1
03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Anyone have any info on where to go on the Elk and what is hatching? The Caney is out and I am about to head home before my Ark trip and want to do some fishing on Friday. Any info on directions of where to go to wade or whats hatching is appreciated. I would be coming from Murfreesboro.

tn scout
03-12-2008, 07:59 PM
If the S Holston's too far go to Hiwassee and Tellico- awesome. bugs, crawdads, good flow, fightin' brown and 'bows- some xlarge.

Grumpy
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Access is either going to be at the dam or Ferris Creek bridge, midges have been the main hatch, RS2's, small Para Adams, Zebra midges have been workin well according to the folks i've talked to, think small.
Wouldn't hurt to swing a soft hackle either.

Grumpy

bcunnin1
03-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks Grumpy I will give it a shot.

ALflygirl
03-13-2008, 01:13 PM
We went two weekends ago and the only thing I could find they liked was a sz 20 Adams. They were active around mid-day and then the action pretty much died. Maybe it will be better since it has been warmer. Good luck and give us an update when you get back!

monktrout
03-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Elk fished well on Monday. We used buggers and soft hackles. I fish a brassie style soft hackle on the tail waters with some luck. Faris Creek Bridge would be a good option, but it can't handle too many folks. Let us know how you did.