PDA

View Full Version : On Stream Rod Carriers

FLYFSN
03-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Does anyone have or has anyone used the Professor Bodkin on stream rod carriers? I think that changing fishing locations could be made easier and quicker and with fewer tangles with this product? Any input on this product would be appreciated.

Paul

ccmmcc
03-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Paul, I went to the website to see what product you were talking about. Are you asking about the rod carrier that attaches to the car?

UofMontanaAlum
03-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Yes, he is asking about the rod carrier that attaches to the roof and hood of your vehicle.

http://www.profbodkin.com/rodcarriers.html

If you move around alot during a day of fishing, I would say go for it.

I see they finally came out with a version that has "vacuum attachment" for the roof and hood. In a few reviews, the vacuum cups were rated highly and the magnets were rated poorly (I guess the magnets fell off easy on bumpy roads).

I might go for a set of the suction cup holders. It sure would make moving around much easier.

Grumpy
03-16-2008, 09:14 AM
A friend of mine gave his up after sending a rod a month in for repairs:eek:

Grumpy

FLYFSN
03-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks Grumpy. You just saved me $79.95.

Grumpy
03-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks Grumpy. You just saved me $79.95.

plus S&H on each rod broken:eek: Really, there are overhanging limbs, rocks & huge hardshell bugs out there, plus the constant vibration on the rods, i would always break mine down instead of putting it in that rack, i've only broke 3 rods in a 20 something year span.
There are enclosed models for roof systems & systems that fit inside, providing you have an SUV for the latter. I believe the enclosed systems will fit on a PU truck as well.

Those magnet or suction systems look cool, they come with a pice though

Grumpy

PeteCz
03-17-2008, 10:26 AM
i've only broke 3 rods in a 20 something year span.

I broke 2 in a two month span last year...maybe that's why I never even pick up a rod over $200...unless it has an idiot-proof, no-fault lifetime warranty, I could be in trouble...

Sorry to go off topic...

stickbait
03-18-2008, 11:39 PM
I prefer a sherpa that is willing to carry the beverage of the day a well. I offered the job to a young lady at work one day, she didn't think it was to funny.

Stickbait

Grumpy
03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
I prefer a sherpa that is willing to carry the beverage of the day a well. I offered the job to a young lady at work one day, she didn't think it was to funny.

Stickbait

don't give up, you'll never find her if you stop asking:biggrin:

Grumpy

UofMontanaAlum
03-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Found this carrier in the latest "Northwest Fly Fishing" magazine.

http://www.kwikcatch.com/

Seems to be similar to the bodkin design but says its rated for highway speeds and is tested for gravel/off-road use.