PDA

View Full Version : Posted Image Size

sprestwood
03-16-2008, 07:47 PM
What is a good size in pixels to post images is the fly tying thread? Is there a megabite limit from the server?

Paula Begley
03-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

Now to your question, since you will be hosting your photo on a photobucket type site, there is not a megabite limit that I am aware of.

To get a look at a good size picture, you can look at the fly tying forum...there are some excellent examples there. The translucent green weenie photo has a pixel width of 639 and a pixel height of 414.

Hope that answers your questions. If not, feel free to email me. The address is below.

Paula

Fishermansfly
03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Take a good macro shot! Crop and edit the picture as you see fit! Then upload your picture through a web hosting siting IE: Photobucket. I can't say much for other providers but it seems to work the best looking at other's uploaded pictures! Once your pictures are uploaded it reduces and sometimes increases the pixel count to 800X600. It's perfect for this forum, the forum also seems to re-fit the picture as it sees fit.

Now, it all seems to make a difference as to upload speed for certain connections! Once pictures are uploaded, you can re-adjust the pixel size and change it as you see fit!

Hope this helps, hope I'm on the right topic!

~Brett

sprestwood
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Paula, I tried to post there but it seem locked at the time. Or I could not find the right button. It did seem a mor relevant thread. Thanks for the responses.