PDA

View Full Version : SMBSH strikes in Helen, GA

Kevin_Thomas
03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Went to Helen, GA this weekend and fished Smith and Dukes Creek. Smith is small and was blown out because of the storms. I only managed one fish there on a rubberleg PT drug deep behind a large stonefly. Sunday we went to Dukes Creek, it is a beautiful stream and I highly recommend the trip. The fishing wasn't easy, but I did manage three nice Bows on a SMBSH drug behind a #14 PT. Dukes has a lot of bugs, so these fish are not starving. Go for the scenery, and if you catch it right I'm sure you could drag out some good fish. Many thanks to Hugh and his famous fly!

Kevin

Kevin_Thomas
03-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Has anybody else fished Dukes? If so, what other sections would you recommend? I'm also thinking of hitting the Toccoa tailwater at Curtis Switch soon, any advice on that?

tennswede
03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
So there's where you have been hiding! Long time no see.

Kevin_Thomas
03-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Since I've gained custody of my daughter It seems the best chance I get for fishing is when I take her to see her mom in GA. Good thing is I'm getting to see some new water. I fished Anthony Tuesday for the first time and that was fun. Had to stop at LRO and get my license. I've been fishing in GA so much I forgot mine had expired last week when I was on the West Prong. I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever forget, but it was embarassing. Maybe the ranger would have cut me some slack seeing how I've got a whole leader wallet full of licences from all over and years past.