PDA

View Full Version : west prong on WED

Flying Trout
03-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I was able to fish a couple of hours in the early day rain yesterday. Caught my first mountain fish of the year on my first trip. I noticed some very small stoneflies coming off mainly. I did catch one of my more rewarding fish on a dry yesterday. I was able to put stealth and everything that I have learned together and then actually catch the fish that I was trying to catch. I usually just fish fishy looking water. It looks like this weekend should be great.

Flying Trout
03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok I just read the fishing report and the looked at the temps. Maybe the fishing won't be great but it will be a nice weekend to be on the river and in the mountains.

PeteCz
03-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Congrats!! Catching a fish, you have spotted and are trying to catch is very rewarding...

Did you catch it on one of the flies you tied in class?

Flying Trout
03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
No, it was one bought at our favorite fly shop. I am going to try to tie something similar with the materials I have. I will have to do some substituting. I'm going to try to fish this weekend once or twice. Then one more time next week at least. I would like to go hit the delayed harvest on the Natahala before the end of this month. I really enjoyed fishing in that rain yesterday.