PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Iraq

feather&fly
03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Just wanted to say hey and hope everyone has a great time on the water this Spring and Summer. No trout over here that's for sure, but I'll be back in good ol' east TN sometime around July for a few weeks. When I'm at home I mainly fish the Hiwassee and smaller streams in the GSM. Until then make one rise for me.

nvr2L8
03-23-2008, 11:57 AM
F&F,

Welcome from East Tennessee! We very much appreciate what you are doing on our behalf. We'll try to save you a few for your return home.

Be safe, come home.

Byron Begley
03-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Feather&fly,

Thank you for serving. I hope you are doing well over there. Tell all your friends hello from me. We have customers in Iraq and other countries where military bases are located. It's nice to build relationshps with soldiers in other parts of the world. Everytime we get an order or an e-mail it is a big event here at the shop. We'll be glad to see you soon. Be careful.

Byron

Flyfishjeep
03-23-2008, 12:57 PM
F&F-
welcome to the board! Thank you very much for your service and protection of our country. The waters will be calling you until your safe return. Be careful and keep your head up.

Skipjack
03-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Just want you to know how much we as Americans appreciate you and the many thousands of soldiers working and fighting with you to make freedom possible for Iraq and the continued freedom we have in this country. God Bless You and all the soldiers in Iraq. Take care. The Caney Fork is fishing slow right now---should be good by the time you get back in the U.S in July.
Bill

David Knapp
03-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the board and thanks for all you're doing for our country! I'll try to leave a few in the streams for you...:biggrin:

irfishing
03-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Feather&fly,
Thanks to you and all the others who are putting your life on the line in Iraq.
Our Country, our values and the freedoms we enjoy are sustained by brave individuals like you. Give all your fellow men and women a hardy thank you.

I will be on the Hiwassee this Saturday. A great place to fish. Hope you get to fish it soon.

Be safe.

bamafisherlady
03-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for all you guys (and gals) are doing for our great country. We appreciate your sacrifices, and that of your family. It is always nice to get on the internet when you are away from home- it kind of takes you back home, doesn't it?

I always get on this site at least oce a day to see how people are doing and what's going on fishing wise. I guess I'm fishing "vicariously" because it's been a long time since I have been able to enjoy being on the water. My present situation finds me taking care of two elderly, sick parents and working which leave precious little time to squeeze in a fishing trip. Since I moved to Chattanooga from Bama, I thought it would be great to be closer to the Hiwassee, but I've managed to get there two times in the last 9 months. There will be time for that later.

Anyway, You all are doing a great job and we appreciate it. If you want to see how the Hiwassee is doing, there's a web site hiwassee.net that is really informative.

God bless... bamafisherlady

ALflygirl
03-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the board! You have found what I think is the friendliest & most informative board of all! We are heading to the Hiwassee in April. Maybe we will see you there! Thanks for your service to our country. It IS greatly appreciated. God bless you and your family

buckeyetrouter
03-23-2008, 07:54 PM
F&F.......first and foremost, God Bless and Protect you and all of our Men and Women who are fighting for our freedoms and the freedoms of the Iraqi people. The appreciation of the American People is beyond measure for the sacrifices that you are giving. Second......a very heartfelt "thank you" ........and last of all, as you know there may not be a finer board of fly fisherpersons (of course we are kinda partial to LRO) and I hope you can gain some inspiration from this site any time you just need to get away mentally. I will add you to my prayer list and I suspect that others from this site will do the same.

Just curious, how would one go about sending care packages to a soldier who is deployed in Iraq and what type of things would be helpful.....

God Bless and Be Safe
bob

Hal M
03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the board. A great group of people. Thanks for all you do to keep us safe. Take care we wish you the best. There will definitely be fish for you when you get to hit the streams.

Best wishes from a veteran (1970-1972)
Hal

Nharrier
03-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks! for all that you guys do over there for the USA! Welcome to the board and we look forward to hearing from you as often as you can. I am sure the LRO message board family will do our best to protect you at home while you do your best to protect us over there. I will keep you in my prayers.
Maybe one day we will pass on a stream, greet on another, and soak it all in!

May the Lord bless you and keep you,
May the Lord's face shine upon you and be gracious to you,
May the Lord look upon you with His favor and give you His peace.

Ryano
03-24-2008, 07:56 PM
F&F,
Once again, thank you for serving our country. If it wasnt for men like you, who knows where we would be. The waters are waiting.. :smile:

Ryan

Andy
03-24-2008, 09:10 PM
F&F,

Thanks for serving our country. I hope you make it home soon, there are fish to be caught.

Andy

Plunker
03-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for joining in...but thank you so much for your service to our great country...
I assure you there will be plenty of trout for you upon your return! especially the ones I fish over:biggrin: Matter of fact a trout would do well to have the honor of being caught by one of our finest!

Please keep your head down and return home to enjoy the freedom and safety you and your Buddies are fighting for!

Grumpy
03-25-2008, 08:01 AM
We're honored that you took the time to say HI to us, thank you for your patronage.
There are a few FF'N groups over there as well as some good carp fishing in some of Husseins lakes around the mansions, there's another fish in there, can't remember what it's called it's a fighter though.
We sponsored some soldiers a couple of years ago, got them setup with vises, books tools & a bunch of tying materials, it was great getting pics back of them fishing with machine guns strapped on:biggrin:
The fish will be here when you get back & i'm sure someone will tell you where to find "YOUR" fish.

Godspeed

Grumpy

ACinEastTN
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the board. Be safe over there. My brother just got back and told me about fishing near the palaces. At one in particular there were many exotic species in one of the ponds. I don't know about fly fishing, but I know RPG fishing is very popular.

guerillafish
03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks for you service. Take care.

TB

JimmyC
03-26-2008, 06:50 PM
You guys are doing an awesome job. My uncle is in Iraq and over Christmas he shared some great, inspirational homemade movies of all ya'll do. Thanks for the service and when you're home, good luck on the streams. Keep safe, we're all proud of all of you guys!

jeffnles1
03-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Just wanted to say hey and hope everyone has a great time on the water this Spring and Summer. No trout over here that's for sure, but I'll be back in good ol' east TN sometime around July for a few weeks. When I'm at home I mainly fish the Hiwassee and smaller streams in the GSM. Until then make one rise for me.

F&F
Thank you! We appreciate what you all are doing. One of my best friend's sons finished his 2nd tour with the 3rd Marines. All of you all are in our prayers.

Jeff

fishNlady
03-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Welcome F&F! Thank you for what you do for this nation and be careful over there!

Jswitow
03-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I will echo the comments of the others. Thank you for your service, thoughts and prayers are with you, and all those doing the work of protecting this nation, and all of the rights and freedoms we enjoy............ and largely take for granted.

My tag on most sites is "Freedom is not free, never take it for granted". I'd be honored to take you fishing next winter if you are home.

If you need anything over there let me know, I will do what I can.

Be safe and god speed,
John

BlueRaiderFan
03-28-2008, 09:16 AM

Hello! Glad to see you post! I'll try and catch one for you. I was in the first little incident from 1990 to 1991 with the 3/7th Infantry out of Ft. Stewart (was the 24th ID back then). Stay alert, stay alive. ;)