PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Hugh!

mtnman2888
03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Hugh,

Saw your report on your website and congratulations, that looks like quite the fish! Bet it put up a heck of a fight. Also, it was awfully nice of that fella to stop by and help. Hope you get out on the stream some more in the coming days.

Craig

milligan trout degree
03-27-2008, 01:06 AM
That was awfully nice of the gentleman to stop and help you land that fish. Congrats on the nice fish, I bet it was a fun battle.

Ben

FishNHunt
03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Can someone put up a link to that picture.

David Knapp
03-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Here's the REPORT (http://smokymountainflyguide.com/report%2022.htm) page from Hugh's website, several good pictures...great fish Hugh!!!

Flyfishjeep
03-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow, what a brute!
I probably would have been shaking so bad after catching that I would have had my wife drive me home.
That is a great story with a great ending.
Great Catch Hugh!

Hugh Hartsell
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Guys, thank you for the kind words. It was a great fish on a tiny dry fly. This was a case of truely, matching the hatch. My heart was in my mouth for a minute when Boomer went into the river after the fish. He was almost to the it, when we got him turned around. I really have to thank Stan Atkins for his kind act of helping me net the fish. How he ever got all of that fish into that small net, I'll never know. He sure saved the day. For each and every one of you, I wish that you will have a day this summer, when you hook into the fish of a lifetime. It was absolutely, a memorable experience.
Hugh

monktrout
03-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Hugh, What a beautiful fish! Sounds like it all came together. Congratulations.
Monk

FishNHunt
03-27-2008, 09:15 PM
That was my dad. He told me about a fella that hooked into a HUGE fish up on the South Holston the other day and said it was one of the biggest fish he had ever seen landed. When I read that first post I thought....surely not....could that have been ole dad. Sure enough it was. He said the people were really nice folks. Hugh, I have told him one day he would need a bigger net if he was going to fish with me...maybe now he will go out and buy one.

swipper 74
03-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Congratulations Hugh! What a beauty of a Brown!

fishNlady
03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Awesome fish Hugh! Congratulations! :smile:

stuart
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Nice one Hugh, I was thinking about you a few days ago. I thought you had slipped off the radar. Good to hear about this and I really need to get down ther and see if he is still hungry.

STU