PDA

View Full Version : Sharkskin line!

WNCFLY
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I just picked up some Sharkskin line a few weeks ago and I can tell you that this line is awesome. Well worth the price. Has anyone else tried it out yet?

FLYFSN
03-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I have fished this line for about one month and find it to perform in every way that SA says it does, with one exception. I recently caught a 14 inch rainbow that made several long runs, and the line caused a finger burn to my index finger. I guess if you have to get a burn this is a nice way to get one. I highly recommend this line, and it is well worth the price.

DanielMc
03-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Fished with it for the first time yesterday. I love it. I am going to put it on my 5wt and 3wt now. I have it for a 4wt. The only downside I found was fishing at short distances, the line has more of a tendancy to go down the guides. However, it also comes out well even if nothing but your leader is out.

mtnman2888
03-28-2008, 09:24 AM
I got some right before christmas and rigged it to a bauer reel with a helios rod and i love it. I have heard about the finger burn but, unfortunately (haha), i haven't had that experience yet. I have no complaints at all and found that it shoots through the guides noticeably better than anything else i have. Is it worth the money? That's a tough question, but if it won't hurt you to fork over the money for it then it's definitely worth it. Glad to see that i'm not the only one on here stupid enough to buy a $100 line!

Craig

WNCFLY
03-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Just last week I was saying how ridiculous it was that there are waders that cost $700. Then I go out and buy a $100 flyline. I guess you could call that irony!