PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear in Nashville

doghaircaddis
03-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I just saw on the news that there is a black bear roaming near Nashville. They said it likely wandered from the Big South Fork area in search of food. It's the first time I've heard of one ending up all the way in Nashville. Hope he finds his way home.

ttas67
03-29-2008, 01:34 AM
He probably just wanted to check out the music scene.....

Realtyman
03-29-2008, 08:31 PM
The rumor is that Hwy 70 from Nashville to Knoxville is an old bear trail that was paved. It was their migration route from winter, to their summer home in the Smokies. Some of the bears still use it.

TWRA had a confirmed bear sighting at Betty's Island last year during the spring. TWRA had just put in at Betty's to go upstream and check license and was on the scene in about 10 minutes. The officer telling me about it is from Monterey/Crossville and knows what bear tracks look like:eek:

Grumpy
03-30-2008, 08:00 AM
I think it was near BonAqua if i remember correctly, hope it dosen't wind up shot, they've already issued warnings not to shhot it:eek:
The Caney Fork bear disappeared, i heard it got hit on I-40 or that TWRA trapped it & relocated it:confused:

Interesting statement bout the migration route Realtyman, we shouldn't be alarmed at these sightings(to a degree) we are the ones encroaching on their habitat:frown:

Grumpy