PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Obey????

limbsnagger
03-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I usually fish Cumberland or Caney Fork tailwaters but due to the present generator status of those two I was considering the Obey. That river doesn't get much hype on the message boards which is either good or bad depending on your point of view. Thought if any of you guys where familiar with good wadeable areas for no generations or possible back up plans for days with generation maybe somerwhere further down stream it would be very appreciated.

Thanks!:smile:
Limb

Grumpy
03-30-2008, 07:11 PM
I've heard the Cumbie was backed up to Dale Hollow Dam, in other words, if it is, no flow & very lil wading:frown:

Grumpy

Realtyman
03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
I was last there on president's day, whenever that was. I have only fished the Obey twicw so my opinion may not count for much. There is very little flow to the river as it is backed up from the Cumby running so hard for so long, just as Grumpy said.

There is good access at the campground between the Dale Hollow Fishery and the Dale hollow Dam. All three of these are on the same road. The fishery stocks the river on Fridays if that makes any difference to you.

I would have to go back and check my blog for more details but you can do that yourself at the link listed below.

Let us know how it goes.:cool: