PDA

View Full Version : I miss the mountains

jeffnles1
03-31-2008, 03:48 PM
My son, Daniel, and I were in the Smokeys last week for his spring break. We spent the first part of the week with a couple families from our church youth group and the last part of the week with just Daniel and I fishing.

I had to return to work today to find:

159 email messages that needed answers (and about 100 more that can wait until tomorrow)
26 voice mail messages
3 people standing at my desk at 8:45am with pieces of paper in their hands that needed some attention
all the stress I thought I had forgotten.
and all the new messages, people and voice mail that came in today.
LET ME OUT OF HERE, I MISS THE MOUNTAINS!!!! :smile:

Jeff

Rog 1
03-31-2008, 04:32 PM
I feel your pain...at most I get two trips a year...early summer and early fall...last fall my week long trip was cut short in mid-week after only two days fishing...and then there was the drought on top of that....so effectively I have not seen my mountains as they should be in almost a year and a half....my next trip is not until June and all this messaging about bugs and fish is driving me crazy.....in my youth I would bust out on a Friday after work, drive 9 hours and fish most of Sat. and Sun am and get back home about 10 Sunday nite ..... such would kill me now...

ijsouth
03-31-2008, 04:33 PM
We were up there last week too...same thing. I'm already planning quick weekend trips up there later this Spring...good thing I don't mind 10 hour drives.