PDA

View Full Version : Sevierville, PG, and Gatlinburg fishing

YoungBuck1
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM
I'll be moving to the sevierville/Pigeon Forge area in August. I was there this past weekend and drove past several streams in the towns of sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg. Most of my fishing experience in that area is in the park so I don't really know about the fishing in those streams. Are the streams in that area fishable? It was a Saturday and I didn't see anyone in the water so that's probably a sign that the fishing in those streams isn't too great but I just thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for the info...

sammcdonald
03-31-2008, 06:20 PM
the burg stocks trout, PF has a trout rodeo and stocks some big fish, plus the native smallies are in PF and sevierville....try fishing behing tanger 5 oaks.....or on river divide .... lotsa fish in those waters

JimmyC
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Some outstanding smallmouth fly fishing in Sevierville, P/F too. You'll have your pick. Welcome to Sevier Co. You're moving just in time for all our traffic :biggrin:

mastercaster
04-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Hey i actually just got back from fishing in those exact areas about a month ago. I fished the whole stretch of river that runs along the Gatlinburg stretch and most of the water along the roadside going in between Gaty and Pigeon Forge. It was really good man i pulled a lot of fish out in a 2 day time period, and a lot of good sized fish near the Pigeon Forge area. I fished a little bit into the National Park also, not far enough up though. Its good fishing though, a lot of water to cover.

YoungBuck1
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess I had heard a lot of rumors about how the water through there is fairly dirty and might not be in the best shape for fish habitat. MasterCaster, you fished in pigeon forge right in town? Like behind the outlet malls and all the shops?