PDA

View Full Version : fished the north

2weightfavorite
04-01-2008, 06:00 AM
Well I fished the North river on sunday, after some morning turkey hunting (saw no birds). I started around 11 and really saw no rising fish and flies except for the occasional caddis, which I thought was odd. I started out with a pheasant tail and caught fish, including a big ole brook trout. Big being about 9 inches. Switched to a parachute adams shortly after and caught quite a few fish on that as well. I'm not sure what the deal is with the Tellico area, but as far as I have witnessed this year, the mayfly hatches up there no whgere near match that of the national park(and we all know the national park with exception of the early mayflies does not have the heaviest hatches in the free world). Anyway, even without a hatch the fishng was great.

Shaggy
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I am going to secretly follow you to the North someday and spy on you and steal your secrets :biggrin: . I've been up there quite often and never seen any signs of fish. I was up there last Saturday and got no action on the North, but I did manage a wild rainbow and brown on the main river. I really want to get a brookie, I have never seen one live.

oody3wt
04-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Glad to here you had a good experience on the north, That brookie is big for the north let alone anywhere in the southeast. North fishes well in bad weather. A good place to get the slam is right above campsite #4 after a rain. Any other info will cost big money. Take it easy fellas and keep on fishin.