PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in Colorado.

JBM
04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I will be in Denver middle of May and I will have a day and a half to fish. I have done some research on the area rivers and guides but I wanted to see if anyone had any recomendations. I am thinking about spending a day on the South Platte. Any help is appreciated.

PeteCz
04-03-2008, 10:05 AM
The South Platte is probably your best option. The area above Deckers into Cheesman Canyon is best, but the trout are very picky. There are all sorts of websites dedicated to the area that are much better than anything I could tell you. Do a google search on "cheesman canyon" and you will find all sorts of info.

If you haven't already, you should look into Blue Quill Anglers in Evergreen. They've been around for a long time, know the river well and can help you find a guide.

Good Luck!!

irfishing
04-05-2008, 11:07 PM
The South Platte would offer good fishing without having to travel very far.

You might check the May 2007 issue of Fly Fisherman for an article on fishing the South Platte between the Spinney Mountain Reservoir and the Elevenmile Reservoir. I fished both the river and the Spinney last September. The river is about 5.5 miles long and is very easy to access, but the fishing is a challenge. Had a guide for the Spinney and caught a number of rainbow in excess of 20 inches.

There are a lot of fishing opportunities in the Denver area and checking with several of the fly shops should provide good information to complete your plans.

Good fishing and let us know how it goes.