PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Hugh Hartsell's Web Page

18inchbrown
04-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I tired to go to his page but I get a message that his site has not been renewed? Anybody know anything? I enjoy reading his fishing reports.

David Knapp
04-04-2008, 10:31 AM
It is working fine for me...:cool:

Hugh Hartsell
04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I think that our host site (IPOWER), was taking a look at our disk space for us, and it was probably off for a few minutes. I checked it just after I read your post and it came up alright. If it does not come up for you now, give me a hollar at flyfisherman1@charter.net. Thanks for looking at our website and we hope you enjoy the reports. I did one on the Holston, below Cherokee a couple of days ago and I haven't quite recovered from being jerked around by the big fish in there. I have some trips coming up in the Park starting tomorrow. Let's hope we don't get completely blown out by all the rain coming over us right now. We need it, as Byron has said, so I won't complain.
Hugh

dropper
04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
hugh i am having the same problem!!!

jeffnles1
04-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I think that our host site (IPOWER), was taking a look at our disk space for us, and it was probably off for a few minutes. I checked it just after I read your post and it came up alright. If it does not come up for you now, give me a hollar at flyfisherman1@charter.net. Thanks for looking at our website and we hope you enjoy the reports. I did one on the Holston, below Cherokee a couple of days ago and I haven't quite recovered from being jerked around by the big fish in there. I have some trips coming up in the Park starting tomorrow. Let's hope we don't get completely blown out by all the rain coming over us right now. We need it, as Byron has said, so I won't complain.
Hugh

Hugh,
Bad news, your url, smokymountainflyguide.com (http://smokymountainflyguide.com/) is being reidrected to an aggregator site. Typically, this happens when someone does not renew the URL and it becomes public domain.

I hope your hosting provider hasn't let your URL become puclic domain. It can be quite costly to buy it back.

If I were you, I'd look into it right away.

Jeff

Jack M.
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Apparently some of us are being re-directed and other are not. I am being redirected and can't reach the site.

thebig21
04-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I wish my company would re-direct me BACK to Maryville, TN where life was great and the fishing was better. No better place to live!!!

milligan trout degree
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm having the same problem. I wanted to check out some of your wet flies. I hope it gets worked out.

18inchbrown
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Hugh,
I am still being redirected as others have mentioned above.

John B

Hugh Hartsell
04-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Guys, I apologize for any problems. Everytime that I check the site, it comes up fine. I'm having Carolyn contact IPower and see what the problem is. This came about this morning because she was having problems with her Legal Nurse Consulting website. While they were fixing hers, she asked them to check about the amount of available disc space that we had on our flyfishing site, and from the time they did the checking, it has apparently been offline to some people. We'll get it taken care of. Thanks for the observations and thoughts.
Hugh

Chuckwalla
04-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Works fine for me. No problems

PeteCz
04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Works for me on IE and Firefox...

Perhaps there are some DNS problems...not trying to be a geek:rolleyes:....

swipper 74
04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Fine for me too Hugh! No problems pulling it up in Firefox.

jeffnles1
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
working for me now.

Glad it's back up.
Jeff

Gerry Romer
04-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Been visiting your site off and on all day today without so much as a hiccup. And that's goin' wi-fi via a lousy Bellsouth DSL connection. 'Course that doesn't count the numerous times that DSL dropped of the radar altogether... but when that happens I can't get anybody's site!

18inchbrown
04-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Just checked Hugh and everything is now fine with me.

John B

Hugh Hartsell
04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Guys, I want to thank all of you that follow our website and our fishing adventures. I want to also thank everyone at LROs for all the help, support, and fishing supplies that they provide for us. We could not be as successful as we have been without them, and as I always say to each of you personally, when we are in conversation: Support these fine people and their business. They provide a service to us as flyfishermen, that can not be found
in very many places in this country. This is the best flyshop, flyfishing bulletin board, and group of individuals, that I have ever been associated with. Again, my thanks to all of you.
Hugh

FFM4LIFE
04-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I am having the same problem with the site. It says it's "forbidden".

Hugh Hartsell
04-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Guys,
When I got up this morning it was offline again so we talked with IPOWER WEBSITE HOSTING once more. They got back to us and said they were changing all their hosting to a new format and it would be back online soon?? We have new reports to put on from yesterday and today. You wouldn't believe how the fish were hitting in the rain yesterday. We had fishermen gathered all around us watching the clients hook one fish after another. After yesterday, I believe the drought is broken. We will get them up as soon as the hosting site gets everything back online.
Hugh