PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a couple of new lines

Plunker
04-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I need to up-grade a couple of lines for my Orvis Frequent Flyer 8'6" 5wt.....here's what I'm thinking.

Mid-price range, weight forward, in a half weight upline to 5.5
Mid-low price range, Double Taper, in a full weight or up line to 6

I am up grading from a 5 WF courtland fairplay, and adding a DT for versitility. The Freaky Flyer (mid flex) needs a little umpf factor. That's why I'm considering the 1/2 to full weight upline.

Ive been looking at the Orvis Power taper 5.5 Wonderline WF and Courtland Precision 5.5 WF.
Courtland 333 for the DT (on the cheap for this one)

I mostly fish the Sipsey tailwater, which is easily fishable with WF and DT

Any of you fine folks got an opinion?:rolleyes:

Appreciate and value your input.

Grumpy
04-05-2008, 06:47 PM
r u wanting to speed it up or slow it down?

Grumpy

Plunker
04-05-2008, 11:04 PM
What I mean't was wanting a little more rod load sensation> I like it very much...but could stand a tad more tug in the backcast just don't know if I want a whole extra weight (6) and also didn't know if these half weights were just hype.

Could be that a GOOD 5 wt would be the difference I'm looking for...just doing some due diligince.

Thanks for your consideration grumpy

Grumpy
04-06-2008, 08:17 AM
You might look at the Cortland Western Drifter or a Wulff Signature series as well, the Wulff will put you over the standard line weight for sure, the Drifter was designed to cast nymphs/shot, i weighed a 6 weight the other day, it was 170 grains in the first 30', not sure what a 5 would be.

Grumpy