PDA

View Full Version : Utah Summer Internship

UTKFlyFisher
04-07-2008, 10:18 PM
So I have the honor of working in Utah this summer as a Fisheries Technician for Utah State University. I will be sampling in and around the Green river and in the Uintas mountain alpine lakes. In the Uintas I will be sampling by fly-fishing, since it would be to difficult to take a backpack shocker plus camping gear miles into the backcountry. Im just wondering if anyone out there have fished these 2 locations and could give me a heads up on what to look for.

Flyfishjeep
04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I would love to give you some pointers, but I will need to be there of course!

Just kidding, never been there but it sounds like an incredible opportunity to travel, fish, and learn a new skill.
Take many pictures and a journal so you can tell us all about it.
-Ben

Byron Begley
04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I've spent a lot of time on the Green River. It is unbelievable. More trout per mile than anyplace I've been. Look for a friend of mine named Chris Wilson. He works for the state of Utah and has a degree in Fisheries Veterinary Medicine. Chris is an old friend from Nashville. He was a small animal veterinarian and went back to Missipppi State to get another degree. As far as I know he is the only fisheries vet in Utah. Tell him I said Hi.

Byron