PDA

View Full Version : clinch 4/9/08

ttas67
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Fished miller's island today for a couple hours. I started off with a small olive bugger, but didn't have much luck. I did find a pod of brookies, and caught several of them on the bugger, but I figure they'll hit just about anything. most of the brookies were small and had clipped fins. 2 of them were decent size, and were not clipped. I don't know what that means...

switched to a scud pattern and caught some decent bows. the highlight was a beautiful old redside bow that I fought and ended up losing. I only caught a half second glance of him as he leapt up out of the water, but it was enough to tell that he had a little hook jaw going on and was in the 17-18" range. I may have to go back tomorrow for a round 2 with this guy.

Best part about fishing the Clinch: It's only a 10 mile drive from my door. My wallet sure appreciates it.

Flyfishjeep
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I believe the clipped fin signifies a stocked fish.
Congrats on the good day of fishing. Did you get any pictures?

FFM4LIFE
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Fished the clinch today at the 61 bridge for about an hour. When i got there the water was up so i could only wade a little off the banks. Tried a olive wooley and didnt have any success. There were fish rising all around and I noticed some sulfers hatching. Tied on a #14 Sulfer compara dun and broght 3 bows to hand all in the 11-13" range.

FFM4LIFE
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Fished the clinch today at the 61 bridge for about an hour. When i got there the water was up so i could only wade a little off the banks. Tried a olive wooly and didnt have any success. There were fish rising all around and I noticed some sulfers hatching. Tied on a #14 Sulfer compara dun and broght 3 bows to hand all in the 11-13" range.

ttas67
04-10-2008, 01:49 AM
I was told there have been some around, but no sulphurs at millers island.