PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Tellico

2weightfavorite
04-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Went up to Tellico to do a little turkey hunting and fishing satuday. As I got past Turkey Creek, at least an hour before dawn, I noticed cars everywhere! People lined up on the street along the river... I could not, and still cannot believe how many people were there waiting, some for hour, as I later learned while talking with a few, to catch their 7 trout. I did see a few fly fishermen out there, but most wer spinning it.

I saw 2 turkeys, did not get a shot at either, and I ended up fising above green cove, and along the North. Caugh one stocked fish above Green Cover and a few wild bows, and one wild brown I was quite proud of. Only about 12 inches long, but the color that brown had was magnificiant!

The North was OK... Caught fish but thy seemed rather reluctant to come up for the dry, all were takn on the dropper. And once again I saw no good sized mayflies. In fact all I saw all day were some small stones. Wher are the mayflies at Tellico??

jwebb541
04-13-2008, 02:16 PM
That's what Tellico has turned into on the weekends. I quit goin on Sat. I just go through the week there. Stock fishermen everywhere.