PDA

View Full Version : Forney Creek this weekend

jross
04-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Me and some buddies will be hiking and fishing on Forney Creek this weekend. Staying at the campsites up there. If anyone is going up that way drop me a line. I've never been there, so any last minute advice would be appreciated. Since I am trying to show them "how it's done" any advice would be really, really appreciated... That is if you've ever had the experience of taking out 3 novices to a creek you've never fished before!

sammcdonald
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
just get your back country permits...you will be a lot happier if you do

Speckleman5
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Shoot me an email, be glad to help ya out. corbodiesel@yahoo.com

ACinEastTN
05-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Was wondering if I could use your email for some trip advice to this particular piece of water?

Thanks,
Aaron

Grampus
05-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Fished/camped there last year. Went in through Tunnel and fished at the CCC camp. Concentrate on lower end from lake to just above CCC camp. There may be a lot of horse campers up higher. Keep an eye out for hogs. They're not scared of you.

Great fishin. Better than Hazel and Eagle these days. Much less pressure.

pineman19
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Fished/camped there last year. Went in through Tunnel and fished at the CCC camp. Concentrate on lower end from lake to just above CCC camp. There may be a lot of horse campers up higher. Keep an eye out for hogs. They're not scared of you.

Great fishin. Better than Hazel and Eagle these days. Much less pressure.

Surprised to hear that Eagle is getting pressure. It is on my to-do list for this year and higher up on Forney as well.

Neal