PDA

View Full Version : Fishpond vests.. Bulky??

Ryano
04-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Are these vests bulky?? I have been looking at the Open Range and it just looks so big! I have no way of seeing these in person so I was just hoping someone could steer me in the right direction.. Also, what are the lengths like? Short for wading I hope..

Thanks,
Ryan

Grumpy
04-21-2008, 07:44 AM
They do look bulky, i don't wear a vest anymore, sold on packs.
I've talked to a few owners of the vest, they like them, said they weren't any worse than any other vest, they gained a few points with them on account of being able to adjust the fit.
It's about time to fish the Smokies, you oghta head over & visit LRO to look at them while you're there fishing(hint):biggrin:

Grumpy

Ryano
04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Well, I am not sure when we are going, but we are planning a back-country trip to campsite 30 soon. None of us have ever been to the Smokies to fish, really looking forward to it. Hopefully when we head up there I can stop in LRO and check them out.. Really even more excited just to see the shop! Anybody else have any feedback on these vests though??

Thanks,
Ryan

Bullwinkle
04-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I really like the feel of this vest a couple of weeks ago when I stopped into LRO.. Fishpond Sagebrush Mesh Vest very light and everything seemd in the right place. Not sure about 'one size' fits most..