PDA

View Full Version : AquaStealth

gg1262
04-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Anyone have experience with AquaStealth soles? Do they actually grip as well as felt soles? If so it would seem they would be the choice for wading boots. I'm giving them some consideration but I don't want to make the commitment before I get some input. Thanks!!

EarlOfSoDak
04-21-2008, 11:44 AM
AquaStealth
Pros:
Lasts longer, snow won't stick, better for hiking.
Cons:
Doesn't stick as well to rocks

Maybe consider Korkers boots. They have soles that you can change out: Felt, hiking, AquaStealth.

Rog 1
04-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I just bought a pair of Beans new West Branch wading boots...second pair of aqua stealth boots for me...I like them...I do a lot of hiking along with the fishing and they wear very well...have also fished the last couple of years with some felt soles and have slipped just about as often....if you climb out onto a dry rock with these soles it is almost like spiderman...they don't carry water or mud the way felt does....of the two soles my choice is the stealth...I just can't see carrying around another set of soles for 3 to 5 miles in and then having to worry about packing out the wet ones ....just my humble opinion.

TroutDude
04-21-2008, 05:31 PM
I have a pair of Korkers with felt and aquastealth. I picked up the aquastealth soles last summer on a trip to the Northeast. I was a bit worried about dydimo in their rivers. I've only used them a couple of times since that trip. I don't feel they grip as well in the water, they are functional. They do however give more traction than felt on land or rockhopping.

monktrout
04-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Greg, I have a pair of Simms aquastealth studded. They do very well. But with studded boots you get your bite with the studs. I have used studded boots for 10 years. I also have a pair of Ultimate wading boots that are felt and studded. I like the grip and fit. However, poor workmanship on the lace eyelets. I also owned some Chotas that I liked, but sold them to a friend that fit him better. Wading boots are an important piece of equipment. Consider spending the money to get something safe and comfortable. Take care, Monk

Grumpy
04-22-2008, 07:31 AM
I have a pair of Korkers with felt and aquastealth. I picked up the aquastealth soles last summer on a trip to the Northeast. I was a bit worried about dydimo in their rivers. I've only used them a couple of times since that trip. I don't feel they grip as well in the water, they are functional. They do however give more traction than felt on land or rockhopping.

I hate to hear that, i have a pair of aquastealth Chaco's, i'm like spiderman on the snot rocks while everyone else is slipping & sliding:eek: i wonder if Korker's aqua soles are from a different manufacturer:confused:
At one time 5/10 had the market & patent on them.

Grumpy