PDA

View Full Version : Fished Brookville Lately

Kentucky Kid
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
i was planning on going to Brookville Tailwaters this friday and was wondering if anyone has fished there lately and how they did. i heard they stocked there earlier this year so there might still be some younger stocked roinbows that aren't so selective.

kytroutbummin
04-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I haven't been recently, but I don't think I have ever had a bad day there. Always good numbers and great size. I was thinking about going tomorrow, but by myself gas is expensive these days. I always do good at the last few runs at the downstream end of the park and everyone else seems to prefer it upstream so the crowd doesn't seem as bad.

jeffnles1
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
I was there on Sunday and it was pretty tough. I had one fish on and it spit the hook. That was the only honest strike I had all day.

Several other fly fishermen reported catching one or two.

I saw one guy pull in 10 or so using a spinning rod and corn (also I believe he was throwing corn in the water as "chum").

The water was a little murky and kind of low. I didn't see a darn thing hatching.

Usually, I do pretty good there and can pretty count on catching 7 - 10 fish per trip. I fish the water about 3X a month through summer and fall. Yesterday was the earliest I've ever fished this particular water so my "techniques" may be better suited for warmer months.

I tossed midges, griffith's gnats, BHPT, Hare's Ears, Caddis Nymphs, midge nymphs, and pretty much everything I had and the only fish I had on was on a #16 black soft hackle.

This weekend may be better I hope it is for you guys.

let us know how it went. I live about an hour from Brookville but will not be able to fish it this weekend.

Jeff