PDA

View Full Version : Abrams

Shaggy
05-03-2008, 05:32 PM
I haven't seen any reports from Abrams lately and was thinking of driving up to fish there tomorrow. I have never fished there and am excited about my first trip to Abrams! What time does Cades Cove open to cars on a Sunday and is the dry fishing good there yet? Where, besides the horseshoes, is recomended to fish? Thanks for the advice!

MikeC

Shaggy
05-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I got up early and headed to Cades Cove. Arrived at about 7:30 am to beat the traffic. I fished in about 6-8 spots and the Falls as well. I caught a small rainbow at the falls and missed some strikes as well there. As for the rest of the river, I only caught ALOT of shiners.

I then headed over to Elkmont and fished for a while at the lower part of the trail. I got a strike on an Adams in my first few casts, lost the fish:frown: . After that some hatches were coming off, and just like the post by PeteCz, fish were jumping around but I could not get them to take anything I had. I must have changed flies about 8-10 times with no luck. As always though, it was a great day to be out fishing! I am plannig a trip to Gburg with my wife and kids soon, hope to get in some more experience in the park.