PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying

wynnsman
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey all Im thinking of buying and TFO Signature Series 8 1/2 ft 5wt. I like the warranty and the price. What do you all think.

ijsouth
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Can't speak for the 5wt, but I love my TFO 2wt - it's my go-to rod. Also, I read on another site that their customer service is pretty good, too.

PeteCz
05-06-2008, 06:55 AM
I have a TFO Pro and purchased it for the exact two reasons you are looking at the Signature Series, Warranty and Price. Its hard (maybe impossible) to beat what you can get for the money with all TFO rods.

But the warranty (and their customer service) is why I'll buy several more TFO rods before buying anything else. Last year I had my nearly new Pro Series flyrod stepped on and three of the four sections were broken. On the hike out I manged to then even lose one of the broken sections. The folks at LRO sent what was left of the rod back to TFO and they replaced all of the broken sections (even the missing section), no questions asked within 14 days.

I don't know how you can do better than that. If you like the way the Signature Series feels and the price works for you, don't hesitate. You won't be disappointed.

TroutAssassin
05-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I have a TFO 8' 4wt professional series and i love it. Like the rest, i bought a TFO because of the price and the warranty. It is a beautiful rod for the price and is very durable. Like the professional series, the signature series has a medium fast action which i find to be perfect balance between fishing mountain streams and making long casts on bigger water. It casts every bit as well as rods that are 2 and 3 times as expensive in my opinion.

Brook Fan
05-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I have to agree with the rest of these guys. They steered me towards a TFO when I was looking for a new setup and I love it. My 8'6 5wt casts very smooth and works great in the Clinch or the mountains.

wynnsman
05-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all the helpfull info. I think im gonna go with it.