PDA

View Full Version : Pond fishing

Deedub
05-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I went back home to East Tennessee (I live in Spring Hill) and fished my Uncle's farm pond Saturday evening.

I had a great time. I started with a tan wooly bugger with some decent success. I noticed a lot of slaps all along the shore line and decided to switch to a white foam popper. It's the first time I've actually really tried for bass with a fly rod and I had a great time. I landed about 6 large mouth bass on the popper and a couple blue gill gave it try too. The bluegills actually fought more than the bass I thought.

Any way...I had a great time and look forward to going back when we get back home.

jeffnles1
05-19-2008, 10:53 AM
The bluegills actually fought more than the bass I thought

A nice fat farm pond bluegill is one of the most fun fish to catch. I agree, it seems a 9" bluegill will put up a better fight than a 14" bass.

Jeff

ALflygirl
05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like fun! One of our friends offered up today that he has a pond on his land that he caught several bass and bluegill out of this weekend. My only question was "when can we come over??" :biggrin:

Grumpy
05-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Sounds like fun! One of our friends offered up today that he has a pond on his land that he caught several bass and bluegill out of this weekend. My only question was "when can we come over??" :biggrin:

There you gal, time to see how good a friend that is;) Bass & bluegill will keep me entertained all day, still one of the most fun fishing adventures ever:cool:

Grumpy