PDA

View Full Version : Clinch River Eagle Bend Access

Brook Fan
05-25-2008, 09:19 PM
On my Clinch River map it shows an access point called Eagle Bend.
Can you wade from this access point or is this a boat launch only?

tennswede
05-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Boat Launch, you will drown if you wade.

tn hound
05-27-2008, 10:23 AM
if you hold tight for a day or so, somebody on here will post directions of where to park and possibly gps coordinates for the world to see and then make a post bitchin about all the bait slingers down there and wonder where they all came from. hopefully you'll just get a discreet pm
just sayin

Brook Fan
05-27-2008, 12:21 PM
TN Hound

Sorry if I hit a nerve about Eagle Bend. I thought it was a simple question could I wade.
For all others who read this post I don't need parking or GPS coordinates the map is pretty clear where it is I just didn't want to waste gas to drive down if I couldn't wade the water.

EarlyBird
05-27-2008, 12:27 PM
if you hold tight for a day or so, somebody on here will post directions of where to park and possibly gps coordinates for the world to see and then make a post bitchin about all the bait slingers down there and wonder where they all came from. hopefully you'll just get a discreet pm
just sayin

There are no secret spots on the clinch. You can float the river from Norris dam to melton hill if you want too. The last time I checked a fly is bait, so you are a bait slinger to.

ChemEAngler
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
TN Hound

Sorry if I hit a nerve about Eagle Bend. I thought it was a simple question could I wade.
For all others who read this post I don't need parking or GPS coordinates the map is pretty clear where it is I just didn't want to waste gas to drive down if I couldn't wade the water.

Brook Fan,
Your question was a simple one, and I really don't see a reason for the aggressive response from another member. The simple answer, as Hans stated, is that you cannot wade from Eagle Bend. As EarlyBird said there are no secret spots on the river, especially if entering from a public access area....

Travis

tn hound
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I was not trying trying to be aggressive and apologize to you brook fan, I didn't think you were asking for spots. I just get baffled sometimes when people post directions and such online in general, other sites have a don't ask, don't tell policy or it is implied. It's a free country. There are relatively few access spots on th Clinch and I would be glad to help (pm me if you want).
I've talked to you down on the river before Chem, you seemed like a nice fella - guess I hit a nerve with you

ChemEAngler
05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I was not trying trying to be aggressive and apologize to you brook fan, I didn't think you were asking for spots. I just get baffled sometimes when people post directions and such online in general, other sites have a don't ask, don't tell policy or it is implied. It's a free country. There are relatively few access spots on th Clinch and I would be glad to help (pm me if you want).
I've talked to you down on the river before Chem, you seemed like a nice fella - guess I hit a nerve with you

tn hound,
I apologize to you also if I sounded harsh, I didn't mean anything negative toward you. I was mainly just trying to answer BrookFan's question, and suggest that there really aren't that many secret spots on the Clinch since it is so heavily fished. If you do have such a spot, I would keep it to myself as well. I didn't realize you were implying that somebody may unintentionally post the location of a hot spot.

I am trying to put a face with the name, I meet so many people while fishing. Did I speak with you on Friday as I was walking out of the river?

Travis

tn hound
05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
I spouted off when I should've tried to help

Chem - It was last year we spoke briefly on the river down by the shelves next to Lonnie's place

peace to all fishers

Flat Fly n
05-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Brook Fan,
Get a hold of Daniel and get him to give you my cell number. Call and leave a message and I will take you fishing on the Clinch to public or private access and we will catch some fish, and maybe some brookies. Make it soon for the sulphurs are more fun than the standard fare of midges, sowbugs, and scuds. Bring a friend if you would like.

I am still steaming from the time a fellow threatened to "kick my ***" because I got within 40-50 yards of him above the weir. Must have been having a fishless day. I guess he didn't know I am 300# and 6'6", and carry a can of mace for the bears in the park.

There are no secret spots on the Clinch, only secret ways to fish!! LOL

tennswede
05-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Sorry If I gave out too much info. I just hate for someone to drive around with gas being the way it is and finding out they can't wade it. It was alright back when I first came to TN and gas was 85 cents a gallon. If we are talking wild trout streams I'm not giving out as much info anymore. I figured though. Eagle Bend is printed on every twra pamphlet and tva as well.

Brook Fan
05-27-2008, 08:46 PM
It looks like we all have mis-interpreted each other.
Just another reason why you can't always read an email and assume you know the emotion it was written in.

It does appear that we are all Clinch river supporters and probably passed or fished by each other this season.

Too bad you can't just walk up and introduce yourself as Brook Fan to folks because you would get a few odd looks. But I'm sure I have talked to a few of you.

Flat Fly n I'm assuming we are talking about Daniel at LRO. And as much as I appreciate the offer of the Brookies I currently seem to be having a problem where I can't get away from them. Don't get me wrong I love the Brook trout but somewhere along my journey of the Clinch I have made every Bow and Brown so mad that I'm avoided at all cost.