PDA

View Full Version : stream perfection

2weightfavorite
05-31-2008, 09:14 PM
Tremont (or the Middle Prong as some call it) is probably the closest quality smokey mountain stream to my house. And yet, lately I have completely neglected to fish it. However, today I had some time to kill and took my son for a hike up the Lynn Camp side, and I was reminded of Tremont's pefection. From the Institute all the way up it is just a terrific stream.

It has deep enough holes that are long enough to get a good deep nymph drift through, and yet there are long stretches of water that scream for a bushy dry and a small dropper. There are some really quality fish that inhabit it ( my best a 14 inch brown) and also a ton of medium size fish (the kind that always seem hungry).

I love that it is accesable. If you only have a couple hours, pull off the road and start fishing. Or if you have all day, Hike in 2 or 3 miles before you start. It is a win win situation with that stream.

It was where I caught my first Smokey mountain trout, and where I hope in just a couple of years my son will catch his first as well.. Tremont is perfection.

nvr2L8
06-01-2008, 08:55 AM
2weight,

Just wait till Lynn Camp becomes a brookie stream! To have specs that close to home will be pretty special, too. A lot of us will miss Lynn Camp for the next few years but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

2weightfavorite
06-01-2008, 09:13 AM
For a while I was a skeptic on the lynn camp restoration idea. But I must say, it sure is going to be nice to have some close to home brookie water. Not to mention I think they may get alot bigger up at lynn camp than they day say around chimneys. I kow it seems that I get better sized rainbows on average out of lynn camp than I do up high on the West Prong of the Little Pigeon. Hopefully that will carry over to brookies as well....