PDA

View Full Version : Finallly!!!!!!!!!

Speckleman5
06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
The last three years I have spent all of my free time trampling around the park wetting my line. Hours upon hours and blue lines upon blue lines I have tried my best to catch a nice park fish. Saturday, Bugg and I finally got to see me land some decent fish. I set my personal park record early Saturday morning when a 13" brown busted my #12 Yellow Palmer with a bushy yellow tail. Absolutely made my weekend. On my last cast of the day Saturday around 530 or so before we started making way back to camp, I threw up in a large deep run and as soon as my # 12 Orange Palmer hit the water it was toilet bowled and I landed a 15 inch brown to top off the day. The satisfaction, adrenaline rush, and euphoria that I experienced are exactly why I work all week to be able to fund my habit. I just wanted to let everyone on here know they need to keep casting because sooner or later you are going to get a chance. I may never have another day like Saturday, but it will be well remembered as Bugg took several pictures and even a video of me landing the last one. I'll try to get the pics of those 2 fish posted because, well honestly, I am as proud as a new papa!!!!!!!

Flyfishjeep
06-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the great report and congrats on the fish. They both sound like they were a blast to catch.

BlueRaiderFan
06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
The last three years I have spent all of my free time trampling around the park wetting my line. Hours upon hours and blue lines upon blue lines I have tried my best to catch a nice park fish. Saturday, Bugg and I finally got to see me land some decent fish. I set my personal park record early Saturday morning when a 13" brown busted my #12 Yellow Palmer with a bushy yellow tail. Absolutely made my weekend. On my last cast of the day Saturday around 530 or so before we started making way back to camp, I threw up in a large deep run and as soon as my # 12 Orange Palmer hit the water it was toilet bowled and I landed a 15 inch brown to top off the day. The satisfaction, adrenaline rush, and euphoria that I experienced are exactly why I work all week to be able to fund my habit. I just wanted to let everyone on here know they need to keep casting because sooner or later you are going to get a chance. I may never have another day like Saturday, but it will be well remembered as Bugg took several pictures and even a video of me landing the last one. I'll try to get the pics of those 2 fish posted because, well honestly, I am as proud as a new papa!!!!!!!

Man! You got my blood going! Nice!

bugg
06-03-2008, 11:24 PM
you forgot to mention that we both caught the grand slam both days...i'll put some pics up soon. gotta love when all three species are in the same holes

Speckleman5
06-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Here is the 13"http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/Speckleman5/DSC01874.jpgHere is the 15"http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/Speckleman5/brown15.jpg

doghaircaddis
06-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Must have been fun catching those on the dry. Congrats!

JoeFred
06-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Awesome!! Congrats!!

JF

BlueRaiderFan
06-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Speckleman,

Did you catch those up high near one of the campsites like #24 etc?

BRF

fishNlady
06-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Awesome catch! Congratulations!

pineman19
06-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Very nice browns Speckleman. I have yet to catch a brown over 8" in the Park, but I have tended to fish the bow/brookie streams more than the streams with browns. I need to get a little more experience on those waters.

Neal

Speckleman5
06-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Probably somewhere around the 2500 foot elevation...and we were catching brook as well....very few rainbows but plenty of browns and sepcks...
~MIchael