PDA

View Full Version : Light equipment info

jsleamon
06-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I prefer to fish small streams and light tackle. I currently fish a 3 weight rod and I am looking for a rod that will be an ultralight full flex. I am looking at the TFO 1 weight rod with a medium action. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what rod / reel they would chose in order to make a 12" rainbow feel like a monster???

Rog 1
06-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Head to ebay and keep an eye out for an older model Orvis one ounce....this is a 6 1/2 ft. 2wt. rod that truly weighs in at only one ounce....it is a full flex and is a wonder on small streams....it will give you what you want....those 7" wild trout will never feel the same....and I have even finessed a 16" bow and a 14" brown out of the park waters with it

lauxier
06-03-2008, 01:34 PM
check out the orvis superfines--they make a 1wt that's sweet-and a 6 ft 2 wt.both are beautiful rods----Scott makes a line of fiberglass rods that are perfect for mountain streams--they cast like a dream--catching a fish on one is more fun than drowning kittens(ha,ha that was a little,cruel joke)all joking aside they are great rods.I think superfines are 345.00 not sure of the price of the Scott's.

Rog 1
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
If you don't want to pay the big bucks for such equipment, check out LLBean..they have a nice little 6 1/2 ultra lite for $99