View Full Version : One day permit

06-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Can a resident of Tennessee fish in the park with a one day permit or does a person need a licenese?


06-07-2008, 11:22 PM
According to the following website you need a valid license, it does not give a restriction on how long the license is valid. Check with the folks at a local fly fishing shop to make sure...hmmm....maybe LRO. The folks there would know for sure. I know they sell a lot of licenses.


06-08-2008, 12:08 AM
A couple years ago I bought a one day permit for the mountains, I was stopped by a twra person and the one day permit worked fine. That might not work now but it worked then.

06-08-2008, 02:08 AM
No park permit or no trout stamp to fish in the park! Just TN One Day fishing license will do the trick! Stop in at LRO on your way in and grab one they sell um there! This applies to NC residents as well, even on the TN side of the park (vise versa applies to TN residents fishing the NC side).

Here's the link http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/fishing.htm


06-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Any fishing license (resident, non-resident, annual, or short term) from either state (NC or TN) will suffice and no trout stamp is required to fish in the GSMNP. If you are a non-resident who will fish only in the park and therefore don't care which state's license you purchase it is cheaper to purchase a NC state license versus a TN state license. A NC 10-day non-resident fishing license is $10, and annual is $30; a TN 3-day non-resident fishing license is $16.50, 10-day is $25.50, and annual is $41. One last item in favor of an NC license versus TN license--the NC annual license is good for 1 year from date of purchase, not current calendar year.