PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg with my daughter

Fly_Man_Bill
06-15-2008, 05:22 PM
On friday I took my dauhter to Gatlinburg for a morning of fishing. The first couple of holes she didn't get any hits. She was useing the normal bait and tackle for this creek (corn and spinning rod). I've taken her fly fishing before but it is hard to handle a 8 year in the creek. We usually fish very little and play in the creek alot. But on this day she wanted to fish instead of playing in the water. The third spot she fished she caught a 16 inch Rainbow. It was landed on the upper end of the creek above Christus Gardens. After a long battle with this heavy brute my daughter finally landed the big guy. She was so happy that she had finally caught a "Whopper Dandy." That is what she calls big fish. We high fived each other and huged and I told her I was happy that she caught it and very proud of her. We fish until 10:30 where she finshed out her limit. I hope and pray that these special times that I spend with her fishing and hunting will instill the love of the outdoors. She has all ready booked a fishing trip for next Friday with her favorite fishing guide.

May God Bless You and take a kid fishing you will enjoy it...

Bill and Alyssa :biggrin:

ALflygirl
06-15-2008, 09:13 PM
That's good stuff right there! Thanks for sharing!

jwebb541
06-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Great story. Perfect timing. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!

cardfly
06-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Great, great story. Keep up the good work and give that little girl a pat on the back for all of us.

swipper 74
06-27-2008, 10:56 PM
That's awesome! My daughter's are ages 4 and 1, I so look forward to the day that my girls can spend time with me like that and be out on the water. Keep up the good work and tell her congrats from all of us at LRO forum for that fine fish!