PDA

View Full Version : Clinch 6/21

psnapp
06-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Hope I got the date right this time! Fished the Clinch about 2-3 mi above 61 this a.m. Got on the water around 7. Fished a 400-yd stretch until 9 a.m. and brought 8 to hand. One was in the 14-15" range and the best in the 17-18" range. Fished a diamond braid bugger with pearl body, black tail / hackle in #8. Fish were eager to hit until around 8:30 am, when siesta time must have begun!

Phil

ChemEAngler
06-21-2008, 03:12 PM
I am guessing it had something to do with the mostly clear skies this morning. Yesterday with the cloud cover, they were rising all afternoon. Oh well, still sounds like you had a very good day as well.

Travis

ttas67
06-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I fished the clinch at miller's island as the water was dropping out around 7:30pm. I didn't even get a strike and never saw a rise. I tried everything: BHPT, zebra midges, soft hackles, and a sulphur dun at one point just for kicks. as I was taking my boots off I noticed a small (18-20) scud on my boot. maybe they'd have taken that. who knows.... Unfortunately I left my streamer box at home. I could've really used it!

Wilson10
06-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I fished the clinch at miller's island as the water was dropping out around 7:30pm. I didn't even get a strike and never saw a rise. I tried everything: BHPT, zebra midges, soft hackles, and a sulphur dun at one point just for kicks. as I was taking my boots off I noticed a small (18-20) scud on my boot. maybe they'd have taken that. who knows.... Unfortunately I left my streamer box at home. I could've really used it!

same here... fished below miller island with little to no action.