PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Camp Memories

jeffnles1
06-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Over the past couple years, Lynn Camp Prong has become a favorite spot for my son and I to fish.

We managed a last fishing trip up there on Friday. Even though we didn't catch fish (had a bunch of tail slappers but no serious takes) we had a great time remembering the other times we have been up there and the days we've spent walking the middle prong trail with fly rods in our hands.

By the best of our guesses, the stream will not be open to fishing until the summer he graduates from high school (he'll be going into the 8th grade in August).

On the way back to the van, we made a date to fish Lynn Camp the summer he graduates from high school. Now we have something to look forward to while we wait for our favorite stream to reopen.

Since we're going to Yellowstone in July, I doubt we'll get back to the Smokeys before Lynn Camp closes in September.

Here's to fond memories of a very special stretch of water and good wishes to a very bright future as a brookie stream!

Jeff and Daniel

nvr2L8
06-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Jeff,

I have come to appreciate Lynn Camp as well. Hiked up the stream just looking and taking pictures a couple of times this winter and then have had a couple of nice trips fishing it this spring (one when I saw you and Daniel up there). It is, indeed, a wonderful stream and I can't wait for it to reopen as a brookie habitat. I'll try to get up and catch a few more for you before it closes this fall.

Enjoy Yellowstone.

jeffnles1
06-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Charlie,
Thanks, I'll be posting a report from Yellowstone on the LRO board. I hope to be able to post some from Yellowstone if we have internet connection in our hotel. If not, I'll post when I get home.

We're looking forward to it. It sure won't be the Little River but it is pretty country all the same. The beauty in Yellowstone is not as subtle as the Smokeys but it sure is a pretty area.

I hope you do get to fish Lynn Camp a few more times before it closes. It sure is a special place.

Jeff and Daniel.