PDA

View Full Version : How has the rainfall been in the last couple of weeks??

RollinTide4
06-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Was wondering on how much rain you guys have had in the past couple of weeks, I was last up there in may and the streams looked to be at or close to full pool. I came last november and had a rough time fishing up in the chimneys due to lack of rain. But neveless I am coming back in the first of july to do some more fishing and was just curious on how it was right now. Thanks, Bart

mtnman2888
06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
The water is very low right now and the key to catching fish is stealth. I believe the little river has set a few records the last week or so for low discharge. Although the rainfall for the year isn't near as bad as last year, the streams are at a very low level. I drove up 441 this weekend and road prong was very skinny.

scflyfisher
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
I would have to agree with Craig. The water on the N.C. side this past weekend looked like it did in August last summer, which is not a good thing. I can't imagine what August will look like this summer if things don't improve.

Matt

Mac
06-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Interesting that this is the first post I saw this morning. All weekend I have been talking with my brother and other fishing buddys all asking the same question. I wonder what the water looks like. Everyone I have talked to is worried about the water flows.
We are planning a hazel trip in the end of September and this could be a big issue by that time of year.

Thanks for the post.

Speckleman5
06-23-2008, 04:07 PM
It is going to have to rain pretty soon. It really is looking like last year, Time to start chasing the specs up high I guess.