PDA

View Full Version : Year of the striper continues!

seagull
07-05-2008, 12:52 PM
2008 continues to be an incredible year for striper fishing. Two trips below Melton Hill this week, landed 17 on Monday and 26 on Thursday as the Campbell-Brandt Electric Chicken continues to charm the fish. Got a 16 pounder both days, with the average fish ~ 6lbs. Also had at ;east a dozen break off this week on 0X tippet, such stromg fish and unbelivable acceleration! Too bad Flat Flyn' was in Iowa and missed the show.

Troutman
07-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Ever fish below Cherokee and Douglas dams for them? Had a neighborhood kid (11 y) that got one last year than weighed 19lb. below D. fishing live bluegills hooked through the dorsal fin.
Sounds like your having a great year on them.

waterwolf
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Bout time for you to give the old waterwolf a run at the stripeys :biggrin: How is my 7 weight coming along?

Hope all is well Dean, and if you figure out who is sneaking around behind this username let me know....

Flat Fly n
07-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I go away to Iowa...land of the muskie...although I didn't get to fish because of working and you take off for the stripers!! Good grief, what a night of fishing those were. It's the new boat surely!

I will call you tomorrow because I know you have already gone beddy by!