PDA

View Full Version : the caney

white95v6
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
how would the Catfish fishing be on it. on my float this weekend i was pondering the idea of takeing my trot line and setting it out for some Cats while we are Camping.

sorry for posting this here. but i know you guys know all there is about the Caney.

Matt

Worrgamesguy
07-08-2008, 03:08 PM
To be honest, there isn't much action under the dam and down the river other than trout and the occasional stripe or smallmouth. I've been fishing the Caney since I was 2 and I'm now 17 (18 in October, YAY), and I can count the number of catfish I've caught on one hand. We fish with nightcrawlers all the time, and let them sit, some bass usually takes it but our trip yesterday monster trout kept taking them, so we were pretty happy about it. There are a lot of carp, but if you're looking for catfish you may wanna check out Center Hill lake, not the tailwaters.

BlueRaiderFan
07-08-2008, 05:37 PM
how would the Catfish fishing be on it. on my float this weekend i was pondering the idea of takeing my trot line and setting it out for some Cats while we are Camping.

sorry for posting this here. but i know you guys know all there is about the Caney.

Matt

Cats may be active at night if you try just below the dam.

Grumpy
07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
trotline-wade fisherman= bad combination:confused:

Grumpy

white95v6
07-09-2008, 09:26 AM
well we are putting in at Happey hollow and doing a overnight trip(camping). and i was thinking of setting it out at night(should not have a wade fisherman issue).

yea i highly doubted that it would be worth my effort just thought i would ask.

Grumpy
07-09-2008, 11:09 PM
well we are putting in at Happey hollow and doing a overnight trip(camping). and i was thinking of setting it out at night(should not have a wade fisherman issue).

yea i highly doubted that it would be worth my effort just thought i would ask.

This time of year, you're never alone on the Caney, you never know where or when we'll shhow up:eek: :biggrin:

Grumpy