PDA

View Full Version : Clinch July 12

Wilson10
07-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Fished the Clinch between Miller Island and Massengill Bridge this morning.

Probably the most productive day I've had this summer in that area. We got into several fish. 4 or 5 were in the protected size range.

This was the first day that I could actually see some larger fish as a result of the new slot restrictions. Caught a good sized brookie too.

TroutAssassin
07-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear you did good! I fished the jail today starting around noon and heard from a few anglers that miller island did well early in the morning too. There were plenty of fish feeding around the jail but i only managed to get one to hand. :frown:

waterwolf
07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Guided today from PO to 61 and the river was as crowded as I have ever seen it, but fishing was still really good. With the water off it was a mixed bag of trash stockers, nasty little brookies, and some decent rainbows mixed in. When the water came on we did really well and my clients probably boated 20 fish or so inside the slot. Saw plenty of slot sized fish get strung up, and until TWRA starts enforcing the slot nothing will change. Also the slot needs to be dropped to 12" if it is ever going to make a difference.

Wilson10
07-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Agreed... until TWRA can put some people out there enforcing the slot nothing will change.

It's a shame...

jzimmerman
07-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I also fish the clinch on the 12th started around the jail and worked my way up to the split. Ended up with a 4 browns 5 brookies and 11 bows. One of the rainbows fell in the slot range. I kept one of the smaller bows for supper yummm:biggrin:. But I was by far the best day I have had on the clinch. Was pretty crowded though. Another kind of intresting thing that i noticed was when I cleaned my fish of course I had to check out what was in its stomach and I found 4 rocks. I was feeling really good about catching then on flies that I tied the night before until I found that.