PDA

View Full Version : snakey fishing

knucklehead
07-14-2008, 12:36 AM
well, if anybody ever wants to see a snake, apparently i'm a magnet for them. i can't recall a fishing trip,since the weather got warm, that i haven't come across at least one snake. very impressive creatures and fun to watch. my latest serpent was a water snake(i believe a banded or diamond back?) swimming in greenbrier right beside me. it found itself a still spot in the river, made itself comfortable and we just watched each other for several minutes. missed a couple of nice strikes later that day but had a great time anyway.

a couple of days ago, i was at elkmont and fishing the large bend before the campground. walking around the top of it, i spooked a water snake and it went flying into the stream! flying snakes are highly entertaining. as long as you're not in its line of flight, you're relatively safe.

knucklehead
08-14-2008, 11:14 PM
well, i found more snakes. again. i was up at tremont a couple of days ago, casually fishing and walking along. on my way back to my ride, as i was walking in some semi-tall grass and i kicked 2 water snakes. 3 snakes went sliding down a few feet and just watched me. i got a few pics before my camera died. as i continued on my way, the next ledge provided me with 7 more slithering serpents, one shedding its skin. very intriguing. even managed to catch a couple of fish. great day.

Grumpy
08-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Things no to do

Fish with knucklehead:eek:

Grumpy

msdilligaff
09-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Knucklehead......its really your sixth sense that lets you know snakes are around.......we thought you were the other kind of magnet.......

Tread carefully and tightlines........