PDA

View Full Version : Last 2 saturdays-2 Bears

caught 108
07-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I was with Fly Man Bill saturday before last.He told about his incounter Elkmont Report 7-o5-08.Me and my cousin were in Greenbrier last saturday when we split up I noticed lots of scratchs on the rocks so I knew Bears had been there in the creek.Again my partner came back and said he had just seen a Big Bear in the creek up close.The bear wasnt aggressive but not scared either he said after a brief stare down the bear just walked up the bank out of sight.We finished our limits out taking turns we both caught several small fish he had 5 rainbows 7"-8" I had 5 rainbows 3 were 9"-10" two were 7"-8" Thats 2 saturdays 2 Bears Both were in the creek 100 yards or so from me and I would have never knew they were there had my partners not came back and told me. So just cause you dont see them doesnt mean there not there. So to all that fish Be Careful and Watch for Bears. If this streak keeps up it may be hard for me to find a fishing buddy.Sincerly caught 108

BlueRaiderFan
07-15-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm going to start bringing fire crackers in addition to my gun...errrrr...I mean knife.

sammcdonald
07-15-2008, 05:52 PM
just take a whistle, that works well with bears.....blow it three times and they will come right to ya like a good dog

BlueRaiderFan
07-15-2008, 07:08 PM
just take a whistle, that works well with bears.....blow it three times and they will come right to ya like a good dog

I think I'll stick with the fire crackers. :eek:

pineman19
07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
I have heard some sourwood honey works on bears as well, feed them well and they will leave you alone............for a little while that is.

Neal

sammcdonald
07-15-2008, 08:42 PM
just put a handprint of sourwood honey (bought at the park stores) on your fishing partner's back and you will have no problems

caught 108
07-15-2008, 09:58 PM
I have seen several bears while fishing or walking out of several different streams in the great smokey mtns. national park. some of the bears never knew I was there the ones that did simply looked, sniffed around some longer than others then went on their way.I've had only 2 good scares ran into a Big Peed off bear destroying a big pile of rocks between me and the truck it looked jumped up and down, wuffed, popped its teeth slung slobber winded stared longer than I liked.Then went back to destroying the rock pile I walked backwards till he was out of sight then quickly walked the long way to the truck.Then got to close to a sow and cub one time [not on purpose] she didnt charge but did stand up and growl I started waving my arms and hollering as I was backing down the creek I like the firecracker idea my boys gets that Water Dynamite its small, loud, waterproof I think Ill stick some in my shirt pocket next time I get to go. caught 108

lee0070
07-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Cought108 you sure those bears didn't find your still?

caught 108
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Positive.Why do they bother yours?