PDA

View Full Version : Byron, Contact Info for Volunteering in the Park

mtnman2888
07-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Byron,

I was wondering if you could give me the contact information for matt kulp or someone who i could contact from the fisheries division about volunteering for a stream survey or whatever they would need me for. I have tried to find it online but am unable to come across anything. I would like to volunteer to help out in some way, although i wouldn't be able to do it too much since i live a little ways away. Thanks.

ACinEastTN
07-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Stands for Volunteer in Park program. I volunteered for adopt a campsite back in the spring. Here is the e mail for the contact over the program. I am not sure they offer spots in the fisheries division, but it could get you started. Babette_Collavo@nps.gov

Byron Begley
07-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Craig,

You may call the Fisheries Department at 865-436-1250. That is Steve Moore's direct line. I can't remember Matt's number. Tell them I told you to call.

Byron

mtnman2888
07-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the email and number, i will let you know what i find out.

mtnman2888
07-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Mr. Moore called me back today and it was quite a pleasure to talk to him. He was very friendly and willing to help me out in any way he could. Looks like i may be attending my first stream sampling in the next couple months, hopefully i can get more involved to help out.

Also, i know there was a sampling of brook trout on bear creek recently, do you know the results of that? If not i will email the park but thought you might know some information. Thanks again.