PDA

View Full Version : salutations from Cincinnati

cincy_jim
07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I finally logged on. Love the board, the mountains and the shop! Looks like a good place to hang.

bigpopper
07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Hey, welcome to the LRO board cincy jim! Hope you enjoy it. Lots to learn here, its a great source of information and a great place to share what ya know. Best of luck and good fishin to ya! :biggrin:
Mark <::><

ALflygirl
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the board. You have found a great place to "hang out"! :biggrin:

Gerry Romer
07-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Cincy Jim!

Welcome to the board!! I was born and raised in the Queen City and still buy Skyline at the local Wally World. Of course it's the frozen variety, but when the craving hits at 1 am I can just nuke it and pretend... I've got the mountains and Skyline (kinda).

Where, pray tell, in Cincy do you hail from??

Gerry

jeffnles1
07-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi from Northern Kentucky. Welcome to the board.
Jeff

cardfly
07-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Cincy Jim,

Welcome from Louisville and LRO is a blast to hang out in. And everytime I go I don't spend a dime. (my wife may be reading this :smile: )

Gerry Romer
07-22-2008, 05:00 PM
We all know that enough dimes to make you happy at LRO would be way too heavy!! Probably pull your pants down and none of us wants to see that!
That's why they invented folding paper money and those plastic cards with the embossed numbers on them...

cardfly
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
The wife won't let me take the credit card when I go in.... :eek:

jeffnles1
07-23-2008, 02:53 PM
My wife thinks I'm part owner in the shop.

Jeff

cincy_jim
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey Cincy Jim!

Welcome to the board!! I was born and raised in the Queen City and still buy Skyline at the local Wally World. Of course it's the frozen variety, but when the craving hits at 1 am I can just nuke it and pretend... I've got the mountains and Skyline (kinda).

Where, pray tell, in Cincy do you hail from??

Gerry

AHH.... our fair city, I be from Colerain. How long u been away?

cincy_jim
07-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the multitude of thanks. I've been fishing Brookville Indiana last few evenings, not the same. Reading Harry Middleton helps.

Gerry Romer
07-23-2008, 09:56 PM
AHH.... our fair city, I be from Colerain. How long u been away?

Moved to Maryville from Cincy in '84. Still have some family in the area up there. I used to make it back every five years or so for a visit, but it's been a while since the last time I was up there.

I grew up in Greenhills and as they say...you can take the boy out of Cincy but you can't ever get the Cincy out of the boy. At the moment, I have in my freezer, three cartons of Skyline and two 2 lb. tubes of Gliers goetta. And after a long hot day of fishing in the mountains, all I need is an ice cold Hude and a slice of LaRosa's! :cool:

cincy_jim
07-24-2008, 12:41 PM
does sound like yer a little home sick, by the way I went to high school at Forest Park (79) and now teach there as well. It has changed a tad, not for the better either. Greenhills still has the post office, where you can still purchase a Pioneer T shirt. Caught my first fish in Winton Woods Lake.

TroutAssassin
07-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the Board!!

Gerry Romer
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Caught my first fish in Winton Woods Lake.

So did I :biggrin:

Catfish.

Brought 'em home, cleaned 'em, and gave them to my grandfather! Personally I never cared for 'em, but he loved 'em.

BTW Forest Park has changed considerably since the sixties... Greenhills, not so much,

cincy_jim
07-25-2008, 08:59 PM
funny and small world. needless to say it has all changed. I did teach a while at Lakeside Elementary, you either went there or Beachwoods (or Damon roads which is an Alzheimer's unit). anyway it is pretty inner city. some day we should meet up and fish.

cincy_jim
07-25-2008, 09:27 PM
by the by saw yer home page, my daughter is just graduating from Aveda in August.