PDA

View Full Version : panther creek from cades cove

knucklehead
08-02-2008, 11:23 PM
went to panther creek today off parson's branch road. wow. it might have been fishable sometime, but not today. overgrowth, fallen trees and vines canopied the small creek leaving absolutely no room to cast. the pools i did see were incredibly small not holding much potential. i walked downstream about 200 yards when i finally got tired of bushwhacking the rhododendron and getting slapped with limbs. i did see a nice salamander climbing a tree. cool scene. wouldn't recommend it to any faint of heart fisherpeople, or those who like casting. also, a rod less than 5 feet would be advised. the road up there is incredible. anymore rain and i wouldn't have made it. and i have an suv. almost got stuck in a few places. probably won't return anytime in the near future.
went on to 20 mile creek and had a nice day out there. caught a few nice rainbows. beautiful cascades. saw a mushroom that was at least a foot tall.

tennswede
08-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I wonder if I ran in to you today on 20 mile, are you the fellow from Kodak?

knucklehead
08-04-2008, 12:49 AM
indeed. had a good day. how'd you fare?

tennswede
08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
I did okay, after we spoke I drove over to the Cherokee area and did some fishing in the park on a small stream. I didn't catch anything of size this time around. Quit at dark and was home in Knoxville at 10:30 PM. It was nice meeting you.

knucklehead
08-06-2008, 12:30 AM
i did rather well on the stream. only caught 3 or 4 but i did manage to catch the nicest fish on my last cast. a skinny 11 inch rainbow. first pool after the gate. nice meeting you, too. never fished much in nc. hope to change that.