PDA

View Full Version : TFO Axiom series rods

Troutman
08-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Anyone on here use them? I have been selling off a few rods from the quiver and will be looking to get a 6 or 7wt multi-species rod.(Bass, carp, and big trout) I am looking for a fast rod to use for long cast and big flies and in windy conditions when my glass rods just can't reach out far enough. I am wanting to stay under $300, so that excludes SC legend ultras, Loomis, Scott and Sage bass rods.
I have also looked at the Ticrx by TFO also.

Grumpy
08-12-2008, 10:55 PM
To me, the TicrX is faster & feels to have more power than the Axiom, not taking anything away from the Axiom, it is a nice rod, it's all in the caster.

Grumpy

Troutman
08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Grumpy, which one do you think would be better for throwing big poppers, heavy streamers, sinktip lines?
I have been thinking either the 6wt Axiom or the 7wt TiCrx. Haven't been able to cast either one yet. This will be primarily a tailwater rod for smallies and the occasional trout float from a one man toon. I'm a pretty decent caster/double hauler. Haven't found any in stock that I can cast them side by side.

Grumpy
08-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I'd have to go with the X, i'ved fished them & know they will do what you're asking out of a rod.

Grumpy

Troutman
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks Grumpy, I cast the 7wt Ticrx today and was getting to within 5ft of the backing, with an 8wt line and leader, no fly, with a couple of false cast. I believe it will do exactly what I want it for, so it went home with me!
I had talked to T Wiles. yesterday by email about his Axiom 6wt. He likes it but said he has broken it several times this year. RacerX and a couple of other buddies have the Ticrx also and gave me a good review of them. Now, I need to get it on the water for the true test!